Cooinda provides its services based upon strong values and ethics. It aims to keep this ethos at the core of its interaction with participants and the community, whilst also expanding the services offered to cater to the evolving needs of the community.
COOINDA MISSION STATEMENT
A builder of a socially inclusive community where people of all abilities are engaged and valued
Cooinda provides an open, welcoming environment for participants and families and places great emphasis on participation and consultative structures involving participants, families and staff to inform the executive and the Board’s decision making.
Cooinda’s mission to achieve the vision is:
- To provide quality programs, services and residential options that best meet participant needs and helps them develop to their full potential
- To work in partnership with all pillars of the community to deliver services and advocate for people with a disability
- To ensure the needs of participants and their families are paramount in service delivery.
- To respect the history of Cooinda and the roles its contributors have played to build community relationships and a sound reputation
- To educate and train the community to the role they can play to support our participants
- To foster the practice of inclusive service, choice and flexibility
Cooinda adopts the following set of values in all of its dealings:
- Choice and control;
- Respect and